Isn’t it awful when your car breaks down? Especially if you’re in the middle of nowhere, or even at night. The first thing you consider is asking for a tow truck, and that’s a reasonable response in this situation. The tow truck service is great but it can be expensive, even more, when you don’t have the money to pay it at hand. If you want to avoid this you should have the proper equipment in your car for changing a tire or recharging your battery when it dies. You’re probably asking yourself: But what if I don’t have it? Then, by all means, always take some money (or at least a credit card) with you to pay a tow truck. Moreover, you should have a phone and the number of a tow trucks service recorded on your phone always because this will save you time. There 5 basic situations in which you should always consider calling a tow truck immediately.
- Car Accidents:This situation involves crashing with another car and leaving your vehicle unable to keep going by itself. It’s important that you consider calling a tow truck right away. Call 911 if any of the people involved in the accident are injured; this is the first step you need to take in this situation. If you roll over a ditch, you need to call a tow truck because that’s the only way you’ll be able to get out of there.
- The Battery Dies: Once again, it’s important to have the tools (i.e. jumper cables) for restarting a car when it dies. If you don’t then you should call a tow truck. They can help you in restarting the battery, and if the problem persists they can take you to the nearest vehicle repair shop.
- You’re Locked Out:This happens more than you think. Getting locked out of a car can be really frustrating when it happened to you. To avoid this from happening, you should always carry an extra key in your wallet or/and purse. If you forget it or you also left the spare inside the car (trust us, this can happen a lot too!) then call a tow truck. The driver of the tow truck will help you to retrieve your car key.
- Running Out of Gas: If you are running out of gas, and you’re far away from a gas station, consider calling a tow truck. Tow trucks offer the service of bringing you gas wherever you are. Additionally, the drivers will be in charge of filling your tank, and they’ll be with you until your drive away.
- Flat Tired: Once again, this is a pretty common case scenario. A flat tired may be considered a simple problem until you don’t have the equipment to change it, or if you don’t even know how to do it. If you find yourself in this situation, you should contact a tow trucks service. The driver will help you out installing the new tire. Remember that driving with a flat or loose is dangerous for you, and detrimental for your car.
There you have it, these are the 5 situations in which you should most definitely call a tow truck. Don’t put yourself into danger and call a tow truck to rescue you if you are in any of these difficulties.